Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's Official

Soo, we have crossed over into the land of happy homeowners! Yesterday we signed the blue ink (why blue.. hmm??) and cringed as they gave us the bill for the house for the next 30 years, ouch. If only they would just leave that part out you would feel so much better, right? Well, either way, we are excited to travel down this new road.

Yesterday I was in my car driving to go get the cashier's check for closing costs and was just praying that God would continue to make himself so perfectly clear with this decision and that he would give me the right heart and attitide as we begin this journey of faith to making our home not just liveable, but also enjoyable and a place where His face and His glory would shine to our neighbors, friends and family. As I was praying, I was listening to my favorite CD, Keith and Kristyn Getty's In Christ Alone, and a song came on that just really blessed my heart and narrowed my focus as to what this journey is going to be about. Caleb and I, from the beginning, have viewed this truly as a journey of faith, as we trust the Lord with the purchase of this home, with the trials of getting it all done despite our "free time" and with the struggles of meeting our financial budget with updating this home; this song really encompasses our hearts desire and I wanted to share it with you. All I know how to do right now is add the lyrics.. if anyone knows how to add a song, let me know because I would love to make that my page's song.

"Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer"
Music by Keith Getty;
Words by Margaret BeckerCopyright © 2002
Thankyou Music

Jesus draw me ever nearer
As I labour through the storm.
You have called me to this passage,
and I'll follow, though I'm worn.

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.

Jesus guide me through the tempest;
Keep my spirit staid and sure.
When the midnight meets the morning,
Let me love You even more.

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go -
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.

I hope that on some level, whatever you are trialing through or whatever journey the Lord is taking you on, that this would bless you and encourage you to press on, understanding that the journey is His and that His design is for our faith to increase as we labor in faith for Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! (Your cousin Heather, who is only dreaming of owning a house at the moment - God has other plans, as usual)

Ashley S. said...

I just saw on your facebook that you have a blog. Then I saw on your blog that it's new. Welcome to this world of ridiculousness. It's super fun. Oh, and congrats on the house!

Anonymous said...

Wow! this is just incredible! You guys have done a wonderful job. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. Let us know when you have an open house! Aunt Pam