Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hi. It's me again. I'll try harder this year, ok?

So, I guess you have figured out that I'm back. It's a new year, so I figured I'd start off with a bang! The few fans of my blog in the past I'm sure have fallen off the map (probably because I did, ha!), so we will all start fresh. Deal?

To recap the last year, I started off by training for a triathlon. It was a barrel of fun, and I really enjoyed it. It all came to a halt, though, when we found out we were pregnant at the end of February. That was a big 'ol surprise! I carried our sweet angel for 12 weeks, then God called him home (we thought it was a boy, though we will never know). Suffering through that miscarriage has been by-far the hardest emotional and spiritual journey I have been on. It grew Caleb and I so close together, and for that I am so grateful. This summer was a big season of travel. We trekked to NYC and Boston over the 4th of July, then on to Orlando to Universal Studios late in July. We capped off the summer with a college roommate reunion weekend at my parent's place up in McKinney. Oh, and surprise... We found out we were expecting again! September brought a trip to LA and Disneyland for Grant & Abby's wedding. October was my mom's 55th birthday. November was our 5th Anniversary, my father-in-law's 50th birthday and we found out that we are going to be parents of a baby BOY!! December was crazy with the holidays, and I think that just about covers it.

So it's January 1st, my dad's birthday, and the start of a New Year! Caleb and I started the year by sleeping in until 10 a.m., and didn't peel ourselves out of bed until after 11 a.m. Everyone keeps telling us to enjoy all these "lasts" as we prepare for so many new "firsts", so I'd say we kicked things off well! No pictures today, just enjoy the cute new blog design! Tomorrow I am hoping to start the whole torture myself to please everyone else belly pictures... Until then, goodnight!

2 comments:

Corinne and Mark said...

Thank you so much, Katie, for updating us. Because we don't keep in touch with you all well, we didn't know about your miscarriage. Thank you for giving Catherine & me a tour of your lovely and peaceful home this summer. You have a gift for color, etc.! On another note, I saw a man who looked VERY much like Caleb singing at Dollywood in November. :-)

Nita Free said...

Enjoying your stories.