Tuesday, April 29, 2008

oh so different...

Well, the title says it all. Things are oh so different for us these days. Here's what's happening in the Morris family:

1. We found out we couldn't move in on Tuesday of last week and had to pack our whole house in a matter of 3 evenings, with the help of wonderful friends and family, and move into a 16 foot POD. By the way, get one larger than they recommend... My idea of a fully furnished room is apparently much different than PODS.
2. We played Tetris first with our cars to save a spot for the POD on the street on Friday, then with our stuff on Saturday and Sunday, again with the help of wonderful friends and family, so that we could get 95% of our stuff in the POD.
3. We had our floors refinished all last week, and by the absolute grace of God they were finished in spite of the humidity and rain last week.
4. We moved in with Caleb's mom and step-dad for the remainder of the home remodel (hopefully no more than 3 weeks... no offense Frees, but we are ready to be done with the house!).
5. We hired someone to tile the kitchen because there isn't a snowcones chance in Hades that we can get that done ourselves in a timely fashion.

The list really could go on and on, but I won't bore you. Sorry, I don't have any pictures and can't promise that we will have any prior to moving in. Our computer is packed away and in a POD until we move in to the house. That's all I have for now. My brain is fried from a lack of sleep! Love to all who care about enough about the blog to bug me until I update! I hope this was worth it...

2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Wow! That's crazy happenings! Good luck with everything! That PODS story reminds me of when we moved to Little Rock. Jon's whole family laughed at me when we went to pick up the u-haul. I had ordered the very biggest one, made for 4+ bedrooms and they thought it was way too big. We had three bedrooms, and the truck couldn't have been more full. In fact, his mom was starting to think we were either going to have to make two trips or go rent a trailer to pull behind the truck. Luckily it all fit, but who was laughing when it was all over? Yeah. Me.

Anonymous said...

Wow - and I thought I was busy! We closed and packed and moved into our new house 2 weekends ago - but luckily we do not have to remodel anything. Your home is going to be a wonderful accomplishment when it is all said and done! How exciting!!!