Thursday, October 2, 2008

The hilarity of teaching elementary school...

Ok... SO here the scoop. I am an elementary special ed. teacher and I teach inclusion. That basically means that to the maximum extent possible, I am in the classroom, supporting and scaffolding for my students so they can be successful and have access to the general curriculum that all other students in their grade level are learning. That means that I get to see soo many students, both those that are "mine" and those that aren't. I have encountered many laughable and memorable moments with kids and I will divulge a really cute story from a favorite student of mine in my building who will remain nameless.

**Name has been changed to protect the identity of the student** =)

Tammy Third Grader: Mrs. Morrith, I have missed you the last few days. Where have you been?
Me: Well, Tammy, I was gone on a trip with my husband. We went to Washington D.C.
Tammy: Ohh, WOW. How cool!! Wathington D.Thee.
Me: Washington D.C. is a very special place in the U.S.A. Do you know why?
Tammy: Yeth. Thpecial people live there.
Me: That's right. Special people do live there. There is one person in particular who is very special that lives in a very important house in Washington D.C. This man is a very famous person all over the world. Do you know who he is?
Tammy: Ummm.... yeth. JESUS!!! Jesus lives in Wathington D. Thee.

Cute huh?? Happy Thursday! The rest of the cruise pics will be up soon! I only have about 10 more pics to upload!

2 comments:

Shane and Laura Seiferd said...

Oh I love thith! :) What a great story. Seriously, what did you say to that???

Corinne and Mark said...

You came to DC and didn't call the special people you call Uncle Mark and Aunt Corinne? What's with that?